Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:26:00 -0400

Comments interspersed below:
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Brian Lawson=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 2:15 PM
  Subject: Re: Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

  Hi, let me say it again, as sometimes I think I'm writing posts to =
myself on pianotech.

  No, I read it, but I don't understand it.

  A pitch raise, my definition:

  The purpose of a pitch raise is have all strings slightly or more =
sharp than "standard pitch"

  The object of my pitch raises are to have all strings at target pitch.

  A pitch raised piano is an out of tune piano, but sharp to " standard =
pitch"

  Why would you want the piano sharp? If the client wants their piano at =
A440, I would recommend that one tune it to A440, not something sharper.

  unisons are not in tune, 4ths, 5ths octaves are close or wildly out of =
tune

  and that only takes about 15 - 20 mins!

  Then, you do your first rough tune to get it sounding close. It is =
because it is easier to tune from sharp to correct pitch than to pull up =
from flat

  shall I go on?

  Sure. But it seems to me easiest to tune a piano that is already at =
target pitch than one that is either sharp or flat.

  Brian

  =20
    ----- Original Message -----=20