Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

cswearingen@daigger.com cswearingen@daigger.com
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:47:29 -0500

Like Terry, I'm a bit confused on this as well.  To me, the purpose of a
pitch raise is not to necessarily leave a note sharp, it's to leave a note
a close to the target pitch as you can.  Some notes will be slightly sharp
of target and some will be slightly flat of target.  If I do a pitch raise,
there is no need to do a subsequent rough tuning - just a fine tuning.

Corte Swearingen
Chicago

                      "Brian Lawson"
                      <lawsonic@bdmail.        To:       "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
                      co.za>                   cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch
                      pianotech-bounces
                      @ptg.org

                      10/10/2003 02:36
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      Brian Lawson;
                      Please respond to
                      Pianotech

No Terry, you misunderstand me, the "pitch raise" itself is the piano tuned
sharp, subsequent rough tuning you are tuning from sharp to correct pitch.

Try and tune a semitone flat piano to A440 in one go, and you are giving
yourself a loss and two hours or more

Brian