Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 19:13:17 -0700

Corte, let me ask you this; do you ever find yourself doing the second =
pass, and you do a test blow that ends up being five or six cents flat?  =

The time for test blows is indeed after the pitch raise (and during it, =
but definately after it also) . The speaking length may indeed be at =
pitch, but if you don't have all segments of the string up to tension, =
it's going to go south.=20

After doing a pitch raise, I don't really feel like yanking the strings =
up all over again.=20

Just something for you to think about while you're out there tuning, =
that's all.

Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: cswearingen@daigger.com=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 12:47 PM
  Subject: Re: Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

  Like Terry, I'm a bit confused on this as well.  To me, the purpose of =
  pitch raise is not to necessarily leave a note sharp, it's to leave a =
note
  a close to the target pitch as you can.  Some notes will be slightly =
sharp
  of target and some will be slightly flat of target.  If I do a pitch =
raise,
  there is no need to do a subsequent rough tuning - just a fine tuning.

  Corte Swearingen
  Chicago