Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 10:12:59 +0200

Hello David,

Your damper's time impress me, for keys, I count on 6 hours to do a
complete keyboard, but I clean the sides, buff the ivories, and have a
little supplement time because of inserting the bushing in the
capsule.

What I've find is that anyway we need to allow the wood to dry after
moistening, so we have to leave the parts a day with the cauls in.

Of course not always possible.

What is your favorite process to clean the pins ? I find that to be a
too long job if they are a little dirty, and it is not always possible
to change them easely.

BTW, the rivet pliers works fine to extract the balance pins, but the
jaws inside  the tool may be drilled to accomodate the different pin
sizes.

Your hammer flange repin time seem well in the official times, as for
instance a pinning job is sold us around $70 (Abel in Germany).

I guess that using long centers (and not pre cut ones) , as it burnish
the felt while passing (avoid burnisher use) , helps to cut the time
even more  .

And yes, since I ream one way only (same than the original insertion
of the center) , I've find results more consistent and rarely have to
use 2 sizes up centers.

Greetings

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.