Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:15:27 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of David Love
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 1:34 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Pitch Raise, was: Standard Pitch

I find that there is a bit of distortion right at the attack so I also tune
at a slight delay.  I also use the Verituner but when pulling unisons in,
which I do aurally, I tune initially at the attack, playing the note at
short intervals while roughing the pitch in.  As I get closer and the
refinements get smaller and smaller I tend to move away from the attack and
listen for a more sustained approach.  That would be true of interval
tuning as well.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

David
I do the same.  My previous post may not haveindicated that.

Paul C