soundboard stresses

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:30:36 EDT

In a message dated 10/13/2003 10:32:02 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
RNossaman@cox.net writes:

Incidentally, I had always heard 4%MC quoted as the preferred dry down
level for this type of construction. When did it become 4.5%, and why?

Ron N
     Ron
     I don't know & ...I don't know but I thought I just read on this list
recently that John Patton Of S&S is now stating that their boards are now being
pressed at 5.5% EMC. To me this would yield a fairly amount of crown in the
rehydrated panel. To achieve this level for sure takes a well set up box &
regular monitoring.