A Small Equation = inharmonicity??/TLA machine

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:10:47 +0100

Hello Don Rose
Yes... I can set the TLA to 440.1 or 440.2 or 440.3 or 397.9 - or whatever.
Once the "A" is set on the TLA you can go ahead and simply tune whatever to
your chosen pitch (standard or non-standard - there's no such thing as
"Standard Pitch" anyway) With this machine you can select to use 8ve.
stretching (I never use this - 'cos I only use it to set 1 x 8ve) or any of
the Historical Temperaments it has on board. It has quite a wide band-pass
filter which becomes a bit of a chore unless you choose to not use the
"Automatic" mode. In "Automatic Mode" it will follow you up and down the
keyboard so long as you don't jump about the keyboard too much.
Regards
Michael G (UK)