The Piano Tuner - by Daniel Mason

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:36:30 +0100

Hello all
I have just finished reading this book (see www.picador.com) . Set in =
Burma around the 1870s about the Anglo/Burmese wars and the Shan =
Uprising. Also about an Erard Grand and one Edgar Drake, piano tuner =
extraordinaire. When I got to the end in the acknowledgements I found: =
"Two piano tuners helped to train Edgar Drake: David Skolnik and Ben =
Treuhaft. Since Edgar Drake is a fictitious character does the same =
apply to David and Ben?  I wonder!  Good book, though, and worth =
reading.
Michael G (UK)