The Piano Tuner - by Daniel Mason

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:42:56 EDT

com"> www.picador.com</A>) . Set in Burma=20
> around the 1870s about the Anglo/Burmese wars and the Shan Uprising. Also=20
> about an Erard Grand and one Edgar Drake, piano tuner extraordinaire. When=
 I=20
> got to the end in the acknowledgements I found: "Two piano tuners helped t=
o=20
> train Edgar Drake: David Skolnik and Ben Treuhaft. Since Edgar Drake is a=20
> fictitious character does the same apply to David and Ben?=A0 I wonder!=
=A0 Good book,=20
> though, and worth reading.
>=20
>  Michael G (UK
>=20
>=20

You should try "Piano shop on the Left Bank" in which the piano shop owner i=
s=20
a wizard of piano tone judge and the tuner is a hopeless drunk. Another=20
example of making the art of piano building a mysterious arcane ritual acces=
sible=20
to only a few, as if harry Potter were the only one to build a good piano.
Glenn C.