Longitudinal mode info

Clark Sprague clark@evola.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:26:41 -0400

I do remember him talking about studying Conklin's methodology, and, =
what struck me was, seeing the pictures of a conventional string maker =
standing there, holding the wrap in his gloved hand, and operating the =
machine with his foot switch, or something- compared to modern computer =
operated machines, computer scaling programs, etc.  I would guess that =
it just has to be more consistent to do it taking advantage of =
technology in that manner.  I know several techs (including me), that =
said that they were going to try his strings, and the consistency has to =
be better, right?
Clark Sprague
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Delwin D Fandrich=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 11:50 PM
  Subject: Re: Longitudinal mode info

    I assume you mean Arledge. We do use strings from him and we like =
them a lot. They are nicely and precisely made, but he wraps to my core =
and wrap specifications and I make no attempt to tune the longitudinals. =
. I want uniform inharmonicity for good tunability. . I also want tight =
and consistent wraps that don't rattle and buzz..=20

  I do know Arledge has studied Conklin's work on the subject and I =
assume he has adopted at least part of Conklin's methodology=20
  Del