Longitudinal mode info/replacement strings

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:59:50 +0100

Hello all
I recently had a bass string break on a fairly new Yamaha C6. After =
taking the relevant dimensions I phoned my covered (wrapped?) string =
maker and by return post had a pair of replacements. I put just one of =
these on to see how it would pan out with its older pair. Tensioned it =
up by my brutal method of pulling on the darned thing, then fine tuned =
it to its pair (the old string) That was in July, an important piano in =
the Orchestra Pit. A couple of days later I simply tweaked it back into =
tune again and since then all is well. It is impossible to detect any =
difference between the old and the new strings.... Is this just "luck"? =
Or is my covered string maker just very, very good?
Regards
Michael G (UK)