Partials change with tension?...was Verituner Spinner

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:34:01 +0200

Joe,

And we cant look at it without mention of the change in front
terminaison pressure and inclination of the bridge.
I've hear of a brand that use a system to hold back the  bridge when
strings are raised to pitch, to avoid the beginning of the "S" shape.

And I noticed large tone improvements after pitch raising when tuning
from 20 cts above, because (I suspect) of the bridge standing more
vertically with the help of the string's tension distribution.

I'll ask my friend Stephen Paulello about that specra question, but he
is very buzy building his grand, and other activities these days.

Best Regards

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech