Private post/Steinway Tone Bell

Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:25:04 +0100

Hello Dale
Your reply certainly does help in relation to UK/US terminology and I'm =
glad to see that at least something on my Steinway has the same name! =
:-)=20
My piano being a model "A" will not then have this "pulsator". I'll keep =
a look out for one on my travels - now that I know, from your detailed =
description, where to look and what to look for.=20
Pulsator - is this a Rhythm Stick? ;-)   =20
One odd question is, though, why (as in my previous post) do you think =
the Tone Bell is only to be found in pianos with a Sos Ped? Did S&S rate =
such a piano more highly than one without? What do you think?
Regards
Michael G (UK)