Acrylikey

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:32:05 +0200

hello Terry

I believe Joe mean the hot glue used for ivories (and for hammer refelting)
that is first grade hot glue (1/3 nerve 2/3 bone), mixed with Titanium
Dioxyde which is a white power, that turn the glue to be white.
Igot mine from our local hammer refelter , and use the same bag since 1970.

We have in France another product that is a white stone powered (the name
escape me actually). Nowadays you can use Titebond or vynil based glue for
ivories, if you add  white power to it, so the yellow or greyish color of
the glue does not appear inside the ivory.

Akrilikey seem a very interesting product. A friend of mine is looking for
solutions used in the teeth trade, he was said it is possible to buy not too
pricy older tools for the cement and glues that are activated with special
lamp (UV based I guess).

As thes profession evolve quite fast there is a lot of second hand furniture
availeable. I'll look for a lamp and drills eventually , when I'll have more
information.

When used to these products we can even take care of our teethe ourselves,
or add these activities to piano tuning (Piano tuner and dentist may sound
well I guess).

Greetings

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.