Soundboards: Thickness and Area

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 22:08:00 EDT

In a message dated 10/20/03 9:40:39 PM, Erwinspiano@aol.com writes:

> I use a cheap & simple plastic caliper with a round wire coming out of=A0o=
ne=20
> end. Only a small hole is required to put it thru. Of course a finger or s=
ome=20
> other object must be applied flush to the other side so the wire stops and=
 a=20
> good reading is taken.
>=20
Years previous tool scrounging once netted me a depth mike with a spindle=20
thinned to .035 for some special application, and that's what got me thinkin=
g=20
about the current project: I hope to get my "sacrificial" mike down to .020=20=
since=20
I only need a half inch or so, the drive being for a hole that will almost=20
disappear, mabye if the RH goes up a bit. I am aware this seems overkill, bu=
t=20
i'm committed to trying it anyway. Will post results.
Glenn C.