Wicking glue... Still in the dark.

Richard Wagner rjwag@pacifier.com
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:02:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jon.

Thanks for your response.

Although I understand the reason, for insuring that the ivory is securely
re-glued before attempting repairs to a hairline crack, I still don't
understand the actual procedure for re-gluing a partially loosened ivory.

I'm assuming that "Wicking" means, somehow, "drawing" glue back underneath
the partially glued ivory without actually having to completely remove
the ivory itself (?)

If so, what's your method for "Wicking/drawing" glue back underneath a
partially glued ivory?

I'm intrigued as I've never been very succesful at this and any cool tips
would be much welcomed!

Thanks.

	Richard Wagner RPT