old Steinway ivories

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 22:09:51 EDT

Allen writes:

<< By the way, what is this whiting stuff we're talking about? I don't see
anything listed in Schaff or Pianotek - except something you paint on the
tops of keys to make them not yellow anymore (yikes ). >>

Whiting is anything you can mix with hide glue to make an opaque white
surface upon which to affix relics of dead elephants.   I have used Calcium
Carbonate but others may prefer a titanium oxide.     I have even heard of people that
used "white-out" fluid from the office supply house,but I have no idea of its
worth.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">