Fw: Baldwin pre-cut string

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:42:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/03 5:18:00 AM, michael@gambles.fsnet.co.uk writes:

> I challenge you to wrap a string round a wrest-pin where there's an agraff=
e=20
> and then hammer the pin into the pin-block without putting a kink in the=20
> speaking length of the string. If you can do it I'd like to know.=A0 ;-)
>=20

This is precisely the point, it is doubtful that a string having been dinged=
=20
or kinked during install or "hooked" to voice, will then re-straighten itsel=
f=20
with the usual speaking tension. My question relates to how does one or how=20
can one straighten a GENTLE curve of the string in the critical inch segment=
=20
before it terminates at the agraffe or V-bar. Several techs believe this imp=
roves=20
the tone.
Glenn C. (is for Coleman)