Make a soundboard--Measurements

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:50:35 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/03 11:38:35 AM, Erwinspiano@aol.com writes:

>=20
> I also measure the distance from the no. 88=A0 bridge pin hole to the side=
 of=20
> the case & stretcher. This eliminates the possibility of getting pattern=20
> located=A0 wrong. There are other ways. Rebuilders please chime in.
>=20
>  =A0=A0 Drill out dowels remove treble cap screws. Now the fun part. It's=20=
time=20
> to knock the board out
>=20
>  =A0=A0 Any body tired yet? More later. going to work
>=20
>  =A0 Later--Dale
>=20
>  =A0
>=20
>  =A0
>=20
>=20

This is good info to me, in the spirit of the list I will reciprocate on=20
knocking out a board. I recently used a set of three firestone brand air spr=
ings=20
(really just lengths   of highly reinforced hose,, NOT fire hose) linked in=20
series with a sensitive pressure regulator, all this strategically placed un=
der a=20
six grand board at belly rail, straight side and back curve, and I was able=20
to lift the whole board out in about five minutes with no damage. quite nice=
.=20
The Automotive plants call these things linear actuators and use them in lie=
u=20
of low power presses. A substitute would be possible I think, but not fire=20
hose. I am told it is too dangerous to use at these pressures, or mabye just=
=20
because it comes to us used already. This is one of my dumb ideas that actua=
lly=20
worked out.
regards
Glenn C.