Soundboard clamps

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:54:10 -0600

>I'm about to invest in a bunch of soundboard clamps.  Any suggestions about
>type, make, especially with cost considerations would be appreciated.
>
>David Love

F clamps. I have 24 relatively cheap ($12) clamps I bought from New Mexico
Woodworking Supply, I think. They're 24" long with a 4 1/2" throat depth. I
also have a dozen 18" Bessey Tradesman with 2 1/2" throat depth. Jorgensen
is a good clamp, but I prefer not having the leaf clutch. Record makes a
good clamp too. Check Grizzly. They carry all sorts of stuff now. Whatever
you decide on, you might order one or two, try to break them, and order the
rest if they pass the test.

Ron Overs' dedicated clamps are very nice, but I find I use my clamps for
all kinds of other things too, so that's the way I went.

Ron N