Haines grand rep springs (again)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:02:25 -0800

Greg said: "None of these sources show the same kind of action that I find
in this
Haines Brothers piano, but I've come to realize that the action is
basically the same as the action for square grands....."

Greg,
No it's not the same. Square grand actions are Single Escapement. The Haines
Grand Action is Double Escapement. I have springs for this action, NOS. Also
an instruction sheet that accompanied them. I suspect the whole shebang came
from Trefz Piano Supply. I haven't done one of those for years, so I'm very
rusty in the in/outs of this action.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police