Haines grand rep springs (again)

Greg DesBrisay g.desbrisay@ieee.org
28 Oct 2003 15:14:15 -0800

Joseph,

Fantastic!  I'll contact you off-list to see if you'd care to part with
some of the springs and a copy of the instruction sheet.

Since several folks expressed interest, attached is a photo of the
wippen/jack assembly (with the repetition spring attached to the jack)
and the hammer assembly, and a photo of the piano (Haines Brothers
serial number 78173).

I guess you could call the first photo an "action photo" of a 1931
Haines baby grand!  78^)

Greg

P.S. My apologies in advance if I'm using wrong terminology for these
parts.  I'm anxious to learn, so please don't hesitate to correct this
neophyte!

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 08:02, Joseph Garrett wrote:
> Greg said: "None of these sources show the same kind of action that I find
> in this
> Haines Brothers piano, but I've come to realize that the action is
> basically the same as the action for square grands....."
>
> Greg,
> No it's not the same. Square grand actions are Single Escapement. The Haines
> Grand Action is Double Escapement. I have springs for this action, NOS. Also
> an instruction sheet that accompanied them. I suspect the whole shebang came
> from Trefz Piano Supply. I haven't done one of those for years, so I'm very
> rusty in the in/outs of this action.
> Best Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
> Captain, Tool Police