Haines grand rep springs (again)

Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:19:09 -0600

At 19:10 10/28/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks for the photo. I think now it is clear that this is a single
>escapement action with a modern capstain. I would be surprised if this
>were actually manufactured in 1931. Could it be older?
>
>Tell us more about this action. The one picture doesn't (at least to me)
>explain all....
>
>Terry Farrell

1931 would be right in the ballpark.

How many pictures would you like??  Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures
of the action, but I have a number of the metal "keybed" and framing of a
Haines fetal grand I have the "honour" to maintain.

Really freaky to be under the thing with the action removed and look up at
the pinblock, capo and other construction wonders...

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.