Steinway upright damper question

MarinoPiano@aol.com MarinoPiano@aol.com
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:21:50 EST

A few years back, before I started getting S&S upright parts from Wally,  I
installed a whole new butt double flange set i got from APSCO.  I had to trim,
with an exacto knife, the excess felt around the return springs.  The fork of
the damper lever simply would not fit because of the excess felt.

  On a few,, the felt came out completely.  I installed the damper lever
anyway. It straddled the spring and seemed secure and silent.  Piano is still
working nice an quiet today.

 Arthur Marino
Sunrise FL.