piano moving/lyre

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@utm.edu
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:32:36 -0600

Hey Allan,
I would be interested in the "grand chariot" as well as a new 4-wheel
dollie.  The wheels on the one here are just about worn out.  They need to
be replaced or the dollie itself needs to be replaced.  However, I want to
get a good quality dollie.  We also need to replace the wheels on the grand
trucks since those wheels are worn pretty good.

We have the Piano Horse and I really like it.  It makes moving a grand
extremely easy.  We also use the "Jack in the Box" in conjunction with the
Piano Horse.  The only drawback is picking up the grand piano/skid to get
the dollie under it.  The Grand Chariot sounds like the ideal thing.  Using
student help like I do to move grands, the combination of the 3 -Piano
Horse; Jack in the Box; and Grand Chariot-would make for a very easy time.

For my part, I would never risk the pedal lyre by using it as a pivot point
in rolling a grand on it's side.  I would be afraid of what might happen to
the lyre.  Just my two cents worth.
Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr., RPT