Perfect Pitch discussion

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:33:38 -0500

Hi all. I don't know where else to go with this question..and if it's
deemed inappropriate, I will seek out other sources to find the answer.

Yesterday, I was in the home of a client who is now 74 years old. She is
a wonderful pianist, and I found out yesterday that she has PP..or HAD
PP. This is what I observed:

She freely told me that over the last few years, she has discovered that
her pitch has changed..by a half-step. I played a B and she heard it as
a C..further tests confirmed this. She hears every test I gave her a
half-step off.

Having been cursed with this affliction myself, I found this discovery
to be rather interesting. In your travels, have any of you ever heard of
such a thing? She recognizes it and has accepted it..I guess I am trying
to find out any answers or sources of information for her..she is not
computer-literate, and she is worth it to find out anything I can for her.

I appreciate any info or similar experiences you can share.

Phil Bondi(Fl)