Nose Bolts

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:47:37 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

>Knabe - yes! Yeah, I had thought of the screwdriver modification. Was
>hoping for something easier. Guess I'll have to do that - I'll need to
>destroy a BIG screwdriver! Thanks.
>
>Terry Farrell

The correct tool for this is, I believe, a spanner wrench.  But you might
not want to spend the money on one of those.  Screwdrivers that big are
hard to find (and not cheap).  Seems a shame to waste one.  Take a piece of
steel plate of the correct thickness to fit in the slot in the grooved nut,
and of width equal or greater than the diameter of the nut.  With a cutoff
wheel in a right angle grinder cut a slot slightly wider than the
diameter of the nose bolt.  Clamp in a vise-grip and use as a wrench.

Phil Ford