Pitch Raising Techniques

Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:47:27 +0100

Agreed Terry.

As with so many of these kinds of discussions, a more precise
clarification of terms clears up most of the apparent difference in
views. In this case, what one means by overpull.  For my own part, I
simply dont like the idea of tuning the first pass higher then  442. Nor
do I see the need to stress the instrument thus. I'll be the first to
admit I have no hard data or science to back up this feeling. It just
doesnt  seem to me to be a good idea, especially when its  simply not
necessary to get a good stable tuning at pitch in a very reasonable
amount of time.

Cheers
RicB