Heavily played newish Mason gets "strident" too quickly...

Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:46:57 +0100

David Andersen wrote:
>>David,
>>
>.... I have many sets of Renner Blues in high constant
> use situations and they hold a voicing beautifully.  As Ric Brekne said in
> another post, if you don't use long needles and go deep into the hammer
> very, very close to the "forbidden zone," you won't get stable, long-lasting
> results.

> Faint heart ne'er won fair maiden, but get a mentor before you go tearin'
> somethin' up.

Probably thee most difficult thing to get past in learning traditional
voicing. Was for me anyways, and I hear this time and time again. One is
naturally enough apprehensive about potentially ruining the hammers... but
you simply have to get accomplished at going very deep up the entire
shoulder and near crown area in order to get a deep enough elasticity worked
up. For most, if not all... a mentor or teacher is a great idea when first
learning.

> My offer of explaining verbally how I deep needle voice near the strike
> point, almost like acupuncture, is still good.
>
>>David I.
>
> David A.

Cheers
ricb