Key Bushing removal

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:48:10 +0100

Thanks for the tip (adding some alcohol to the solution).
I usually use a mixture of 50 % hot water and 50% wallpaperremover and =
in cerain cases it doesn't penetrate as easy.
How much alcohol would you add?

Pierre Gevaert
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Paul Chick (Earthlink)=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 2:51 PM
  Subject: RE: Key Bushing removal

    Subject: Key Bushing removal

    Hi,

    I use the method of pre-soaking the keybushings with wallpaper =
remover and
    hot water and after that I just steam the bushings out with a =
similar hand
    held steam device with a small nozzle. Works verry fast and de wood =
is neat
    and clean for the new felt.

    Pierre Gevaert
    Belgium

    Hello....I use the same system...but let them penetrate and =
soak,,,,while I do some other job around the shop...an hour later they =
fall out with very little digging....and no damage to mortise......
    Richard

    Add some alcohol to your solution to break the surface tension of =
the water and it will speed up absorption.=20

    Paul C