endorsed by the Philadelphia Orchestra????

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 19:25:12 -0600

Ah, right you are, Ron. And Baldwin has that exclusive Full Blow action =
that
just (coincidentally) looks and works just like all other upright =
actions.
Except "drop" actions, of course, but I digress...
=20
I still laugh about my customer with a Steinway grand who insisted--as
programmed by the hype--on genuine Steinway parts when I replaced the =
bass
strings--despite my assurance that I could obtain high-quality strings a =
lot
cheaper through other sources.
=20
I ordered through Steinway (boy, are they a snobby bunch, "No, we don't
supply parts catalogs. What do you want?") and LMAO when the strings
arrived--(over)billed by Steinway but made and shipped by Mapes!
=20
Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO