Dampp Chaser on side-by-side B's

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 20:12:38 -0500

You can route them under the keybed just fine. Be sure to leave an extra
amount of tube to pull up for the watering can. It is all about the height
above the reservoir. You've got to get the watering can as high above the
reservoir as possible to speed the filling.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Kent Swafford
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 1:47 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Dampp Chaser on side-by-side B's

Picture 2 side-by-side B's, the left one up against a wall and the
right one with not enough clearance for a human to pass between it and
the wall on the right.

How would you route fill tubes so that one would not have to crawl
under a piano to add water? I've routed tubes under the keybed (deathly
slow to put water through) and up the curved side to the top, then
forward (spilled water in the piano). Anybody know a route that works
better?

Kent

http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/