appraisal, Yamaha Discklavier

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:17:08 -0500

Friends,

I need to write an appraisal to place a value on a piano, which was
donated by a private party to a non-profit organization, so the
organization can write a receipt for tax purposes.  Can you give me
advice on arriving at a figure?

The piano is a 1993 Yamaha G1 with Discklavier, wood finish, not sure
which wood, in near perfect condition, with bench.  I am guessing this
is what is referred to in the 1993 Ancott directory as a model DG1FII,
at an average suggested retail price of about $25,000.

What do you think is a fair value for this piano for this purpose?
Email me privately if that seems best to you.  Thanks in advance.

Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA