mystery center pinning

Mon, 06 Dec 2004 23:19:37 +0100

Barbara Richmond wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Just for the heck of it, is there anything I could be doing wrong when
> repinning centers that would make the initially acceptable pinning get
> looser?
>
> Feeling sort of spooked by it all......

The only thing I can think of is that you didnt burnish good enough.  If
you dont mind a suggestion,,, then try this one on for size.

Take your standard burnishing tool and dip the tip into some teflon
powder. Work some of this into the bushings. Then burnish rather
aggressively and pin a bit tighter then you are used too. File a bit of
both ends of the center pin... the heat this creates seems to help
matters. Then work the bushing center pin a few times and install. 3-4
swings initially is just fine. Gauge the results over the next couple
days... if they tighten up then you need to use a size smaller pin or
burnish just a bit more aggressively. You choose yourself which of these
seems most reasonble to do.

Hope this helps

Cheers
RicB