Super Glue on polyester finish

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 07:50:33 -0600

  -----Original Message-----
  From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Paul McCloud
  Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 4:00 PM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: RE: Super Glue on polyester finish

  There are two things which come to mind.  One is that superglue is
softened/dissolved with acetone.  Acetone will not damage polyester.
Disclaimer: I've never tried getting superglue off a polyester finish with
acetone.
  Second: you'll have to sand it off with a sanding block and fine sandpaper
(400 or 600), then with 800, then with 1200/or 1500, then polish out with
compounds.  Superglue is harder than polyester, so be sure to use the
sanding block when leveling the finish.
  Good luck!
  Paul McCloud
  San Diego