Cruise Ship Piano Tuner

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:44:14 -0500

I can easily imagine all sort of hassles (as I have experienced a few!) =
with cruise ship work. Fortunately, with Carnival anyway, one felow has =
the piano service contract for all Carnival ships - he then hires =
technicians at the various ports to do the needed service. I get paid by =
a piano technician - not by Carnival. I suspect that eliminates many, =
many hassles - FMPOV.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan Forsyth=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 4:30 PM
  Subject: Cruise Ship Piano Tuner

  Not so sure about that bit where he mentions that the ship's engine =
vibration causes the piano to go out of tune???? It's vibrations that =
cause sound in the first place and make pianos work!

  I did cruise ship work for a while but discovered that getting paid =
was a whole load of trouble. It appears that the ship's chandlers only =
pay once they get paid by the shipping company and that can take a very =
long time.....and there is also the hassle of customs, security and =
remembering to take along your passport.

  AF