How to travel upright hammers with a continuous flange pin?

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:33:22 -0500

OK, that makes sense.  I completely removed a flange screw, and still =
couldn't get the hammer off the rail.  I saw center pins between every =
butt, and assumed it was continguous (don't they do that in Europe?).  =
Since I couldn't get the flange off, I couldn't see any way to get =
traveling paper in there.

It was a Kohler and Campbell "Professional", S/N 628617, which was 1969 =
according to Pierce.  I'll have to check about the Samick part.  Does =
seem old, now that you mention it.

--Cy--
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: tom driscoll=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 7:41 PM
  Subject: Re: How to travel upright hammers with a continuous flange =
pin?

    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: Cy Shuster=20
    To: Pianotech=20
    Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 7:10 PM
    Subject: How to travel upright hammers with a continuous flange pin?

    Tuned a 1969 Kohler & Campber  (Samick) studio today.  Hammers going =
all over the place, left and right.  Tried to adjust one, and discovered =
each section is pinned with one giant flange pin.  How the heck do you =
travel these hammers?  Is heating and twisting the shanks the only =
option?

    --Cy Shuster--
    Bluefield, WV
       =20
    Cy,
        It's not one giant pin. The butt plates have been allowed to get =
loose and the centerpins migrate until--Voila---They are all connected!
        With the action on the bench, remove the whole mess ,separate =
the butts, push the pins back in place and tighten the plates=20
        -Ream and repin as necessary--and it will  be necessary on many.
        Are you sure 1969 ? Seems a bit old for a Samick.
        Tom Driscoll RPT