Polyester Refinish

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:38:09 +1000

Terry,

The problem with the finish from a 25 year old August Forster is not the
polyester but the veneer. These pianos suffered from veneer lifting, brass
bridge pins breaking and screws pulling out of the action rails. I suggest a
complete refinish, as doing a repair could come back on you in the future.

On the positive side, they had a great bass.

Cheers

Kerry Cooper

Piano Technician

Accredited Member: APTTA, PTTGQ