broken tuning pin

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 02:28:30 EST

<<  I suppose I could just drill it out, plug the hole with hardwood, then
redrill it.  I would imagine that this would be less visible.  >>

You got it.  If you cant a pin extractor to work, (the current supply houses
don't impress me much with the quality of the steel), try that, but I think
you will ultimately drill this pin out until the pieces are removeable with
pliars.
   Then, drill a 3/8" hole in there, plug with a multi-lam plug, and redrill
for that specific type of pin block material. I would suggest starting with a
1/0 pin.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT