Help with "bad" tuning...need help

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:45:52

Hi Doug,

Pitch correction with a concert level tuning is not really very possible.
Here is some data that may be of interest. All tunings were done to the
same instrument.

Tuesday pitch correction at A4 7 cents worst note 48 cents humidity 16%
Immediately followed by my best attempt at concert tuning. A4 = 440

Thursday 8:00 a.m. the instrument had drifted one cent sharp at A4. I chose
to leave it at that pitch, and offset Reyburn Cyber Tuner to +1 cent.
Humidity 17%
Pitch correction at A4 0 cents worst note 9 cents
Immediately followed by my best attempt at concert tuning. A4 = +0.6 cents

Thursday at 6:00 p.m. A4 had drifted two cents sharp I chose to leave it at
that pitch, zero offset on Reyburn Cyber Tuner Humidity 18%
Pitch correction at A4 0 cents worst note 3.9 cents, temperament octave was
flat by between 2 and 3 cents
Immediately followed by my best attempt at concert tuning. A4= 440

So with four tunings in one day-and six within 48 hours I barely got to
what I consider domestic tuning on an original pitch correction of between
7 and 48 cents.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.