fumes waS CA'ing pins

jason kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:49:09 -0800

Those fumes are something, though. I wish I had a small fan to blow the pin
block fumes in the other direction, preferably out an open window. I picture
geese falling out of the sky when they encounter this little cloud of CA
vapor.
| |   | | |   | |   | | |   | |   | | |   | |   | | |   | |   | | |   | |
| | |   | |
Jason Kanter . piano tuning regulation repair
jkanter@rollingball.com <mailto:jkanter@rollingball.com>  . cell 425 830
1561
serving the eastside and the san juans

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Mark Dierauf
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 7:11 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: CA'ing pins

I try as much as possible to saturate the wood around the pins with CA.
This is of course easier where there are no tuning pin bushings.
Basically, I squeeze until the CA starts to pool up at the base of the
pin, then stop for a second while the glue soaks in, then repeat. I
generally use about one 2 oz. bottle to do all the pins, then wait 24
hours before tuning, although in a pinch you can probably tune as soon
as you're finished soaking. Make sure that you use fresh glue,
especially if you'll need to tune the same day as you treat.

- Mark