tuning stability

Ron & Lorene Shiflet rlshiflet@cableone.net
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:36:20 -0700

As the threads go about tuning stability, I read an article years ago by =
Susan Graham, I believe it was.  She stated that prior to every tuning, =
she would take a large screwdriver and tighten every plate screw.  She =
then commented that technicians would tell her it takes too long.  Her =
response was that it took less time to tighten the screws than to retune =
the  piano again because it keeps shifting.  I have tightened them on =
occasions when I got tired of retuning the  piano.  This is not a =
fix-all recommendation as many things can affect stability but one of =
many things to factor in.=20

regards

Ron