Kawai pin blocks

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:36:14 -0600

Several years ago our school district purchased 30-40 UST-7 Kawais.
Apx. 10-15 of those wouldn't hold a tune.  Several had sides falling off
as well as other problems.  Since I was only one of the technicians
involved, I never got the final count.

In fairness, both Kawai and the store from which the pianos were
purchased were quick to remedy the situation.

They were all replaced.

Since that time the Kawais in the district have held a tune very well.

Not to imply that there haven't been other issues, fallboards, pedal
rods, etc.