grand action problem

Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:22:31 +0100

Dont  start shimming anything here... something is obviously amiss.  My
first guess would go in the direction of wondering whether someone has
replaced hammers and got the bore length wrong. My second guess would be
to check whether or not the glide bolts are turned all the way up.  Then
one could wonder whether the hammers have been so worn down that they
simply cant reach the strings anymore... unusual... but it happens.

In anycase.... some more info as to the state of affairs with this
action would be nice. What kind of shape its in. 7 mm is a very long
ways away. Schimmel doesnt make junk....so somethings either been jerked
around, broken, or just plain worn to bits.

If you first are in dire need of altering something... its fairly
quickly done to sand off 2-3 mm from each let off button.

Cheers
RicB