high to go over pitch

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:57:11 -0700

On larger pianos we figure 10% of the amount flat on the bass bridge for
over-pull.  If I encounter something extreme, like 70 cents, I plan on a
three pass pitch raise.  The first time I pull up to pitch, the second I
over-pull and the third is a thorough fine tuning.  I do this in part to
avoid breakage and because measuring large over-pulls is not encouraged on
the VT.  The limit is about 60 cents (or 6 cents over-pull in this case)
for the VT.

Andrew A.