Help with "bad" tuning...need help

Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:11:45 +0100

James Grebe wrote:

> I think part of the problem is that we are calling these half steps.
> The distance between E and F is no larger than between F and F#.  It
> is still 100 cents.  Why do we insist on calling those things whole
> steps anyway.?
>
> James Grebe

We dont. They are not a whole step. A whole step has one note
inbetween,....one key inbetween... doenst matter whether or not what
colour they are. F-F# is a half step, E-F is a half step, E-F# on the
other hand is a whole step.

Once again. A half step =  a semitone = 100 cents.  A whole step = a
whole tone = 200 cents.

Cheers
RicB