grand action problem

Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:59:30 +0100

Scott Helms wrote:

>Sorry Ric, Jon, et al - I didn't in any way mean to imply that I was
>ignoring your advice! I just have a tendency to "think out loud" as I'm
>discussing options in this kind of situation. I actually don't have the
>action now - it belongs to a church and they had to have it back for a
>rehearsal yesterday, so I explained that it needed more extensive work
>than I had time to finish and we scheduled an appt. for me to pick the
>action back up and have another go at it. Once I get it back in my shop,
>I'll take a closer look at action spread, hammer bore, etc. and let you
>know what I find. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers! Thank you very much for
>the help!

No feathers ruffled as far as I can see. Jon is a good internet friend
and I've come to value his advice and comments greatly. Sometimes we
dont always see things the same way, sometimes we just read too fast,
but most times we end up on the same side of the fence chomping on the
greenest lawn.

But whilst I got your ear... like I said... your 7 mm thingy is like a
mile when it comes to letoff... that would point me in the direction of
looking for something very wrong witht he piano... so dont just look at
the action alone. Give the whole keybed / keyframe a good lookover.
Also.. why dont you give us an idea of your relative level of
profieciency sost we all know just how much we can assume you know from
the get go... eh ?

Cheers
RicB