Aural Pitch Raise

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:11:06 +0100

Matthew Todd wrote:

>     How does one go about doing a pitch raise without the use of an
>     ETD?  Is it a whole lot more difficult to do?  How do you do it?
>
>     Thank you!

Personally.... I tune outwards in both directions in a kind of
overlapping fashion so that I end up pulling up the entire piano to
about 442 in the first wave, and in the second wave get it stable at
440. If a third pass is needed, its mostly to clean things up a bit.

Not difficult, but it requires a bit of concentration that can
  wear you down on a long tuning day... nice to have an ETD for this
kind of thing.

Cheers
RicB