Schaff longer new upright spring!

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:25:03 +0100

Alpha88x@aol.com wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>           Has anyone seen the new upright jack springs from Schaff? They
> are terribly long, (way long) way longer than the originale ones in this
> upright now. Does anyone know how these new springs fare? Because of
> their extreme length they really hold/restrict the jack firmly, much
> more that the old ones that are in there now.
>
>          What happens if  jack springs are too strong? Can it cause a
> problem?

Yep... and we were just on about this in a related thread. Can cause
touch problems, and contribute (if not out and out cause) hammer
bobbling problems.

The jack spring and center pin configuration need only provide for a
reasonably quick return to firing position. Any increased spring tension
or over loosened center pins is really counter productive.

Cheers
RicB