Plastic action parts

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 13:03:11 -0500

Hi Tom,

I have to support Elwood a bit on this one. You pointed to an error
(among many) in what doctors said in 1948, they probably pointed to
errors in what doctors said in 1898, what are doctors going to say of
today's doctors (and us!) in 2048? Maybe a horse and buggy would have
been better, look at the pollution the alternative has caused!

Maybe plastic piano parts will be the best thing ever, or maybe they
won't. We have more experience with wood parts in a piano and know
(practically speaking) what to expect. We should proceed with some
respect to "time tested" rather than jump right in, plastics are
ridiculously new compared to wood.

- John